Myspace Layouts

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Salesman of the Year

A young guy from Texas moves to California and goes to a big
department
shopping complex looking for a job.
The manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?"
The kid says. "Yeah, I was a salesman back home in Texas."
Well, the boss liked the kid so he gave him the job.
"You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you
did."
His first day on the job was rough but he got through it. After the
store
was locked up, the boss came down.
"How many sales did you make today?"
Kid says, "One."
The boss says, "Just one? No! No! No! You see here our sales people
average
20 or 30 sales a day". If you want to keep this job, you'd better be
doing
better than just one sale. By the way, how much was the sale for?"
Kid says, "$101,237.64"
Boss says, "$101,237.64? What the hell did you sell?"
Kid says:
First I sold him a small fish hook.
Then I sold him a medium fish hook.
Then I sold him a larger fish hook.
Then I sold him a new fishing rod and some fishing gear.
Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down on the
coast,
so I told him he'll be needing a boat, so we went down to the
boating department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he
said
he
didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to
our
automotive department and sold him that 4X4 Blazer. I then asked him
where
he'll be staying, and since he had no accommodation, I took him to
the
camping department and sold him one of those new igloo 6 sleeper
camper
tents. Then the guy said, while we're at it, I should throw in about
a
$100
worth of groceries and two cases of beer."
The boss said, "You're not serious? A guy came in here to buy a fish
hook
and you sold him a boat, a truck and a tent?"
Kid said, "No, actually he came in to buy a box of tampons for his
wife,
and I said: Well, your weekend's fucked, you might just as well go
fishing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home